About Papua New Guinea Visa
The Papua New Guinea visa is a one-entry official electronic visa that was introduced to make it easier for a number of foreign travelers to travel to the country. The PNG online visa application eliminates the need to visit an embassy or consulate. The entire process can be completed online on this website.
Papua New Guinea offers two types of visas. Depending on your traveling needs, you can apply for a Papua New Guinea visa either for a 30-day or 60-day tourism-related stay. Those who travel to PNG for business purposes can obtain a visa for a 30-day stay in the country.
There are only three steps to follow when applying for an official visa to Papua New Guinea. An applicant just needs to fill out a short form and pay the service fee, and the approved electronic visa will arrive straight to their email inbox.
The PNG visa application needs to be submitted at least 3 business days before the planned trip. This is the minimum time to ensure the visa is approved on time.
PNG eVisa types
Travelers planning to visit Papua New Guinea can obtain one of the following types of visas:
- a 30-day Visitor eVisa: a one-entry visa issued for all tourism-related purposes; it enables a 30-day stay in the PNG; its validity starts from the date of intended arrival in the country.
- a 60-day Visitor eVisa:a one-entry visa covering tourism-related activities; it remains valid for 60 days; the validity date starts on the date of planned arrival in PNG;
- a 30-day business eVisa: a one-entry visa issued for those who wish to visit the PNG for various business-related purposes; the visa is valid for a 30-day stay; its validity starts from the date of intended arrival.
Papua New Guinea Visa Application Guide
First of all, start by checking your eligibility (see the list of eligible countries in the section below on this website). Once you are sure that you can apply for the PNG eVisa, gather all required documents and start the online application consisting of the following three steps:
- Select one Papua New Guinea visa type that best covers your traveling plans and fill out the online form with all the required information.
- Double-check all the provided data before you send them further.
- Cover the processing fee using one of the available methods of online payment.
Please note that once the PNG authorities approve your electronic visa, its confirmation will be sent to you via email. Make sure to print it out and carry its copy with you.
List of countries eligible for the PNG visa online
Countries that can obtain a 30-Day Visitor Permit Visa
- United Kingdom*
- Hong Kong*
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- South Korea*
- Saint Lucia
- New Zealand*
- United States*
- South Africa
- Brunei Darussalam*
- Trinidad and Tobago*
- Solomon Islands*
- Antigua and Barbuda
*Nationalities marked with ‘*’ can also apply for a 60-day Visitor Visa.
Countries that can obtain a 60-Day Visitor Permit Visa
- American Samoa
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Vatican City
- Brunei Darussalam
Documents necessary for the PNG visa application
To ensure a successful electronic PNG visa application, make sure to prepare the following documents:
- a bio-data passport page copy issued by one of the eligible countries (it must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of planned arrival in the PNG);
- an active and frequently used email address
- a valid means of online payment
- a letter issued by a business associate in PNG (applies only to business travelers)
Important: Bear in mind that your passport must remain valid throughout the entire duration of your planned stay in Papua New Guinea. In case it is lost or damaged, or its data changes, the PNG visa automatically expires, and you will need to apply for a new PNG visa online.